2019 CWE Top 25 Most Dangerous Software Errors

2019 CWE Top 25 Most Dangerous Software Errors

asummers
Administrator

Dear CWE Global Community,

It is our pleasure to officially announce that that the final “2019 CWE Top 25 Most Dangerous Software Errors” has been published on our website.

For the new list, CWE-related data was pulled directly from NVD for the calendar years 2017 and 2018 using both frequency and an average CVSS score to determine a rank order. The main advantage of this approach is that the Top 25 is an objective look at what we are actually seeing in the real-world.

The Top 25 List can be found at https://cwe.mitre.org/top25/archive/2019/2019_cwe_top25.html

An early article on the release has been published by DHS via US-CERT at https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/current-activity/2019/09/17/2019-cwe-top-25-most-dangerous-software-errors

We look forward to discussing the new list with you and hearing any thoughts and comments you might have. We value all your interest, participation, and engagement with CWE, and we look forward to your continued support. Thank you!

Cheers,

Alec and the CWE Team

--

Alec J. Summers

Cyber Solutions Division

Cyber Security Engineer, Lead

(781) 271-6970

signature_1230750342

MITRE - Solving Problems for a Safer World

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment