5th Annual IT Security Automation Conference and Expo

5th Annual IT Security Automation Conference and Expo

Please see the details below about the upcoming Security Automation Conference and Expo being organized by NIST.  I encourage everyone to attend if possible as this is annually one of the biggest gatherings of our collective communities.  Hope to see you there!

--------------------------------

5th Annual IT Security Automation Conference and Expo
Date: October 26-29, 2009
Location: Baltimore Convention Center, One West Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD

http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/confpage/091026.htm

Focusing on Healthcare IT, Cyber Security, Regulatory Compliance, and other Emerging Secure IT Technologies

The 5th Annual IT Security Automation Conference, hosted by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, in conjunction with the Department of Homeland Security, National Security Agency, and Defense Information Systems Agency, will focus on emerging technologies designed to support the security automation needs of multiple sectors.  This 4-day workshop, conference, and expo includes tracks on the use of security automation in support of healthcare IT, the use of security automation tools and technologies to ease the technical burdens of policy compliance, and the benefits of integrating security automation into the rapidly evolving cloud computing sector.  Security automation leverages standards and specifications to reduce the complexity and time necessary to manage vulnerabilities, measure security, and ensure compliance, freeing resources to focus on other areas of the IT infrastructure.

The conference will provide public and private sector executives, security managers and staff, Information Technology (IT) professionals, and developers of products and services with a common understanding for using specific open standards and new security technologies across various domains of interest including:
- Health Information Technology (IT)/Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Cloud Computing
- DoD Data Pilot/Strategy/Architecture
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS)
- Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) implementations

This conference will also provide tutorials and workshop regarding Department of Commerce, Department of Defense, and Department of Homeland Security technologies and initiatives. Sample topics include:
- Federal Desktop Core Configuration
- Emerging Standards and Specifications
- SCAP Validated Tools
- Content Validation
- Case Studies

As always, the conference will include distinguished speakers from Government, Industry, and Academia including:
- Phil Reitinger, DHS (invited)
- Tim Grance, NIST
- Tony Sager, NSA
- Ron Ross, NIST
- Richard Hale, DISA
- John Thompson, Symantec (invited)
- Microsoft
- RedHat

Highlights of this years conference include:
- New location at beautiful Baltimore Inner Harbor
- Full scale trade show
- Workshops Days 1 and 4, Conference Days 2 and 3
- Social reception the evening of Day 2
- Room blocks reserved at Hilton Baltimore

Register online now at: http://scap.nist.gov/events

Early Registration Fee: $350 before 5 pm on October 5, 2009
Late Registration Fee: $450

Re: 5th Annual IT Security Automation Conference and Expo

Just a note for those thinking about attending the conference later this month in Baltimore, today is the last day to register at $350.  The price jumps to $450 tomorrow.

Thought I would pass along the following details related to the 5th Annual IT Security Automation Conference as I have recently learned.  The final agenda has now been posted on the event site.

http://scap.nist.gov/events/index.html

Also, on-line registration has been extended until Thursday, October 22nd at 12:00 NOON EST.  Once registration closes, the only way to register will be via a PDF manual registration form brought to the conference.  Please see the site for more information.

Hope to see everyone there!