Announcing the MAEC Datasets Repository

We’ve received many inquiries in the past about the availability of MAEC test and sample content based on real-world analyses. As such, we’re pleased to announce that we’ve put together a repository of sample MAEC content, which can be found at:

https://github.com/MAECProject/datasets

At the moment, we have some sample content for some Zeus bot samples as well as some miscellaneous samples that was translated from several dynamic analysis engines into MAEC; in the future we plan on expanding this with content generated from more in-depth malware reports as well.

Note that this content is meant only for testing and analysis related to MAEC; it is not meant to be an up to date resource of malware characterizations or to be used for malware detection in a production environment. However, we do welcome and encourage pull requests of any additional MAEC content that the community would be willing to share or contribute.

MAEC Project

MITRE

Re: Announcing the MAEC Datasets Repository

Terry MacDonald
Excellent work guys!

Cheers

Terry MacDonald