Quantcast

[CCE-WORKING-GROUP-LIST] Location of next Developer Day Conference - a survey

[CCE-WORKING-GROUP-LIST] Location of next Developer Day Conference - a survey

Charles Schmidt (MITRE)
Administrator
Hello All,

I apologize that those of you who subscribe to multiple mailing lists will
likely be getting multiple copies of this.

The moderators of the SCAP specifications are considering the time and
location for the next Developer Days conference. In previous developer
events, the community has expressed some interest in holding developer
events outside of the usual locations of Bedford, MA (MITRE) and
Gaithersburg, MD (NIST). The thought was that holding a developer event away
from the East Coast of the US would allow easier participation by community
members located outside that region.

We are currently considering holding a developer event in early December or
late January (at the turn of the year but outside the regular holiday
season). Our big question at the moment is where to have this event. Towards
this end, a survey has been posted at
https://register.mitre.org/devdays_planning/. If you are hoping to attend
the next developer session, please use this form to indicate your
preferences. At the moment, this survey only attempts to gauge general
preferences for locations. If you have more specific questions or concerns,
you can raise them on the appropriate mailing list or by emailing
[hidden email]. Thank you very much.

This survey will only be open through Oct 21, so your prompt response is
appreciated. It has only one question so should only take a minute. Filling
out the survey does not commit you to attending - we are just trying to
gauge how best to serve the community as we continue the development of the
SCAP and wider standards.

Thank you,
Charles Schmidt
The MITRE Corp.

Re: [CCE-WORKING-GROUP-LIST] Location of next Developer Day Conference - a survey

Charles Schmidt (MITRE)
Administrator
Hello all,

I apologize for yet another mass email. The survey page seems to be having a
problem with some of the options, refusing to recognize certain responses.
We are working on this now.

If you were able to send a response without an error, then your response has
been recorded. Otherwise, please wait a few minutes while we resolve this
problem.

I apologize for the confusion.

Charles

The survey has been fixed. I apologize for the error.

If you were able to submit your response earlier, you do not need to
re-submit - your response has been recorded. Otherwise, please load a fresh
copy of the survey page and indicate your location preference.

Again, I apologize for the confusion.

Sincerely,
Charles

This will be my last message on this subject, but I just wanted to send out
a quick reminder: if you would be interested in participating in an
developer days conference around the turn of the year (early December or
late January) please fill out the survey at
https://register.mitre.org/devdays_planning/ to indicate your preference as
to the event's location. The survey is just one question so shouldn't take
more than a minute. We will be closing the survey this Friday (Oct 21). If
you have already submitted your response, thank you very much for your
input.

Thanks,
Charles