Quantcast

CEE Value Types in XML

Burnes, James - NRCS, Fort Collins, CO
Hi,

I was reading the XML syntax encoding rules for CEE events.  I have a question:

In the XML encoding, the core fields MAY include optional markup indicating the type of the field.

However according to the examples shown, it looks like the value type markup in the optional “Field” stanzas MUST be included.

But it isn’t indicated anywhere.  (Or I couldn’t find it.)

Do the “Field” stanzas require mandatory type markup?

Also, if type markup in the Field stanzas is optional, how would you encode a multi-valued field?

Thanks,

Jim Burnes
Application Security Engineer
USDA/NRCS/ITC/Fort Collins

Re: CEE Value Types in XML

heinbockel
The base for the CEE field values is a string.

Both the XML and JSON encodings for CEE field values can denote the field
value type. This is there as an assistance to the CEE event consumer. It is
not mandatory, just suggested.

All field values can be formally identified and validated through the
corresponding Event and Field definitions within a CEE Profile document.

William Heinbockel