Quantcast

CPE Dictionary: Terms of use?

Jan-Oliver Wagner-3
Hello,

I might have missed it on the website, but on a first glance
I did not find a clearification on the terms of use for the
official CPE dictionary.

I do assume it is a liberal free terms of use and we are currently
working on integration of the dictionary into the Open Source
vulnerability management framework OpenVAS. A confirmative statement
would be nice of course, ideally easily visble at cpe.mitre.org.

Anyone can help?

Best regards

        Jan

--
Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner |  ++49-541-335084-0  |  http://www.greenbone.net/

Re: CPE Dictionary: Terms of use?

Booth, Harold
Hi Jan,

  You are correct the terms of use are very liberal.  I will work to add the following statement to nvd.nist.gov/cpe.cfm:

The CPE Dictionary hosted and maintained at NIST may be used by nongovernmental organizations on a voluntary basis and is not
subject to copyright in the United States. Attribution would, however, be appreciated by NIST.

  Regards,

-Harold

Re: CPE Dictionary: Terms of use?

Jan-Oliver Wagner-3
Harold,

On Thursday, 10. November 2011, Booth, Harold wrote:
>   You are correct the terms of use are very liberal.  I will work to add the following statement to nvd.nist.gov/cpe.cfm:
>
> The CPE Dictionary hosted and maintained at NIST may be used by nongovernmental organizations on a voluntary basis and is not
> subject to copyright in the United States. Attribution would, however, be appreciated by NIST.

thank you very much for clarification!

Best

        Jan

--