CWE 3.0 - quick progress update

Christey, Steven M.
All,

Just a very quick update, since some questions have arisen in recent discussions.

We are continuing to work actively on CWE 3.0.  The resulting data will be much cleaner, as will the new schema, which we are continuously refining.  We will send more detailed descriptions of the new schema as soon as possible - maybe next week - but interested parties can read Drew Buttner's "CWE Schema Proposal" post from June 5, archived here:

  http://making-security-measurable.1364806.n2.nabble.com/CWE-Schema-Proposal-td7589556.html

We will also have a small number of new weaknesses in CWE, such as one related to homoglyphs, and we plan to add others in later versions.

- Steve

To unsubscribe, send an email message to [hidden email] with SIGNOFF CWE-RESEARCH-LIST in the BODY of the message. If you have difficulties, write to [hidden email].