CWE/CAPEC Board - Kick Off

CWE/CAPEC Board Members,

I want to officially kick-off and welcome you all as initial members of the CWE/CAPEC Board. The past 12 months have been an exciting time for CWE/CAPEC and we are looking forward to an equally exciting future. The establishment of this board is a huge part of this, and we will rely on this board to chart a course through these ever changing times.

The initial members are:

Paul Anderson  --  GrammaTech
Bill Curtis  --  CISQ
Pietro Braione  --  Università degli Studi di Milano - Bicocca
Chris Eng  --  Veracode
Jason Fung  --  Intel
Jay Gazlay -- DHS CISA
Alex Hoole  --  Micro Focus
Joe Jarzombek  --  Synopsys
Jason Lam  --  SANS
Chris Levendis -- MITRE CVE
Jason Oberg  --  Tortuga Logic
Kurt Seifried -- Cloud Security Alliance
Chris Turner  --  NIST NVD
Andrew van der Stock  --  OWASP

I (Drew Buttner -- MITRE) will initially serve as the Board moderator with the responsibility of coordinating and facilitating Board activities. I will also provide the direct link to the CWE and CAPEC teams that are currently operated by MITRE.

This list of initial members is now visible on the CWE (https://cwe.mitre.org/about/board.html) and CAPEC (https://capec.mitre.org/about/board.html) websites, and a news article has been released from both efforts about this.

Our next step is to work through this email list to schedule the first meeting.

I very much looking forward to collaborating with everyone!

Thank you
Drew

---------

Kurt Seifried

RE: CWE/CAPEC Board - Kick Off

Both the CWE and CAPEC projects issued a news article via their website (and shared via Twitter and LinkedIn) that everyone is allowed to share. This article will also go out over our announce email list shortly.

https://cwe.mitre.org/news/index.html#july202020_New_CWE-CAPEC_Board_Includes_Representatives_from_IT_and_Cybersecurity_Communities

https://capec.mitre.org/news/index.html#july202020_New_CWE-CAPEC_Board_Includes_Representatives_from_IT_and_Cybersecurity_Communities

In addition, a new Board page that lists the purpose and members was added to both the CWE and CAPEC websites.

Are there other approaches / actions that would be helpful? Is there more that should/can be done? Always looking for advice in this area.

Re: CWE/CAPEC Board - Kick Off

Andrew van der Stock
We use Doodle to schedule meetings. With this many Board members, and depending on timezones, you may want to interleave meeting times to cope with the folks who cannot attend for whatever reason. Generally, I find when n>4, there is no single time that will work for everyone.

Are there board attendance requirements? We have a 75% rule for OWASP Board members to make sure that Board members at least make an effort to come regularly.

thanks
Andrew

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 6:16 AM Drew Buttner <[hidden email]> wrote:

Both the CWE and CAPEC projects issued a news article via their website (and shared via Twitter and LinkedIn) that everyone is allowed to share. This article will also go out over our announce email list shortly.

https://cwe.mitre.org/news/index.html#july202020_New_CWE-CAPEC_Board_Includes_Representatives_from_IT_and_Cybersecurity_Communities

https://capec.mitre.org/news/index.html#july202020_New_CWE-CAPEC_Board_Includes_Representatives_from_IT_and_Cybersecurity_Communities

In addition, a new Board page that lists the purpose and members was added to both the CWE and CAPEC websites.

Are there other approaches / actions that would be helpful? Is there more that should/can be done? Always looking for advice in this area.

RE: CWE/CAPEC Board - Kick Off

Joe Jarzombek

I agree with the use of Doodle to poll board member availability in scheduling meetings.

Regards,

   -Joe -

Joe Jarzombek, CSSLP

Director for Government & Critical Infrastructure Programs

Email: [hidden email]  |  Mobile: 703 627-4644  |

https://www.synopsys.com/solutions/aerospace-defense.html

RE: CWE/CAPEC Board - Kick Off

Bill Curtis

Doodle me in.

Dr. Bill Curtis | SVP & Chief Scientist | CAST Research Labs | Software Intelligence | M +1.817.228.2994