Change in MITRE CEE Leadership

heinbockel

I would like to thank everybody in the CEE community for their support.
Effective immediately, Jon Baker ([hidden email]) will assume interim
leadership of the CEE project at MITRE.

After much consideration, I have decided to step down from my position as
CEE
lead in order to pursue other career opportunities. While I still intend to
stay active within the CEE and audit communities, I will no longer be
overseeing the project.

That said, CEE interest is at an all-time high and we are seeing the first
signs of commercial market penetration. There has been a lot of vendor
interest and I'm learning of new CEE-based projects every week. I expect
this
to continually increase over the next couple of years.  We are in great
place
with a very bright future.

Finally, the next CEE release (1.0beta) is finished and will be posted next
month. The final 1.0 release is on track for August 2012.

Please direct your feedback and questions concerning CEE, product
compatibility, or MITRE-published specifications, to the CEE Discussion List
([hidden email]) or the MITRE CEE Team ([hidden email]).

Thank you for your continued support to make CEE the event log standard,

William Heinbockel
Infosec Engineer, Sr.
The MITRE Corporation
202 Burlington Rd. MS S145
Bedford, MA 01730

Re: Change in MITRE CEE Leadership

Opensky
Bill,

Thank you for all of your efforts,  I know that it was a significant
amount of work that you did.  Also from the ISSA Philadelphia and
Delaware Valley Chapter thank you again for coming out and presenting
to our Information Security Analyst audience.
Best of luck in your new work, please keep in touch.

Best Regards,
Bill LeRoy