Common Event Standard SIG

heinbockel
For those of you that are interested, there will
be
a meeting at the BurtonGroup Catalyst Conference
on
24 June in San Diego to discuss common event
standards.
CEE and XDAS will be highlighted.

What follows is the announcement. Space is limited
so
reserve your spot early.

-----------------------------------

The following is an invitation to attend a special
interest group (SIG) on common event standards.
Please join Senior Vice President and Principal
Analyst, Dan Blum and Vice President and Research
Director, Bob Blakley for a Common Event Standard
SIG hosted at Burton Group's Catalyst Conference
North America 2008.

COMMON EVENT STANDARD SIG

San Diego Manchester Grand Hyatt
Tuesday PM, June 24 - 1:00pm-5:00pm
Room "Cunningham C" on the 4th level

Common standards and frameworks for event data,
audit data and logs would bring significant
benefits to the industry, including reduced log
management costs, improved coordination between
products and data exchanges between organizations.
This Special Interest Group (SIG) will bring
together enterprise security architectures with
key security information management vendors and
representatives from the Common Event Expression
(CEE) language group, the Open Group's X/Open
Distributed Audit Standard (XDAS) and the Trusted
Network Connect (TNC) group. The three groups and
the attendees of the SIG will share information on
existing common event standards efforts, and
discuss ways to converge and align their efforts.

Please register by sending an email to Eldina
Petty ([hidden email]
<mailto:[hidden email]> ) and refer to the
Common Event SIG within your email. Please RSVP by
Thursday, May 22. Seating is limited, and seats
will be filled on first come, first served basis.
There is no charge to attend the SIG, and no
requirement to attend the main Catalyst
Conference. However, if you also wish to attend
Catalyst, Burton Group is pleased to offer I4
members the "CESSIG" promotion code to register at
a substantial discount. We look forward to seeing
you!

William Heinbockel
Infosec Engineer, Sr.
The MITRE Corporation
202 Burlington Rd. MS S145
Bedford, MA 01730

Re: Common Event Standard SIG

Andrew Hay-2
Is there anyway to record the session (audio/video) for those of us who
cannot attend?

Andrew Hay
Integration Product/Program Manager
Q1 Labs Inc - The Nexus of Security and Networking
Office: (506)462-9117 x124
Fax: (506)459-7016
[hidden email] | www.q1labs.com

Re: Common Event Standard SIG

heinbockel
As I am not hosting it, I cannot be certain, but
I'm sure that there will at least be a report
detailing
the discussions and outcomes.

I will ask the BurtonGroup representatives if
there
will be any video or audio feeds made available.

William Heinbockel

Guy Bruneau
I would be interested as well to see the notes when available.

Guy

Guy Bruneau, B.A., CD
ISSPCS, GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GCUX, GCFA
Senior Security Consultant
IPSS Inc.
150 Isabella St., Suite 101
Ottawa, On K1S 1V7
Phone: 613-232-2228 Ext: 225
Cell: 613-851-6222
Fax: 613-231-4888
Toll free: 1-866-532-2207
www.ipss.ca

As I am not hosting it, I cannot be certain, but
I'm sure that there will at least be a report
detailing
the discussions and outcomes.

I will ask the BurtonGroup representatives if
there
will be any video or audio feeds made available.

William Heinbockel

The information contained in this email message is confidential to the
ordinary user of the e-mail address to which it was addressed.  This
information may be privileged or proprietary to ipss inc. and may not be
copied, forwarded, or disclosed to others without the written consent of the
sender.  Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure,
error-free, or virus-free, therefore the sender does not accept liability
for errors or omissions in this message which arise from Internet
transmission.  Any opinions contained in this message are those of the
sender and are not given or endorsed by IPSS unless otherwise clearly
indicated in this message, and the authority of the sender to so bind IPSS
is duly verified.  If you have received this email in error, please delete
it from your system and notify the sender immediately.