FEEDBACK REQUESTED: Content Creation Tutorial

FEEDBACK REQUESTED: Content Creation Tutorial

mcokus
All,

Please find attached a tutorial on creating OVAL content.  It explains the structure and components of an OVAL Definition as well as provides an overview of the process for creating definitions and related best practices.  Also covered are the resources, tools, and methods available for generating OVAL Definitions.  The goal is to provide a good starting place for  beginning OVAL content authors.

The vision is to eventually break up the tutorial into more digestible chunks on the github.io website, and to make it as approachable as possible on the web.  For the community review, however, we are using Word to make keeping track of feedback easier.   Please use the track changes capability in Word to document your feedback.  Comments and reccomended revisions are both welcome.

Please provide any feedback you may have by 25 March over the the oval-developer-list or privately via [hidden email].

Thanks much,

--mike

Mike Cokus
Systems Engineer
The MITRE Corporation
+1.757.896.8553
+1.757.826.8316 (fax)
[hidden email]

To unsubscribe, send an email message to [hidden email] with
SIGNOFF OVAL-DEVELOPER-LIST
in the BODY of the message.  If you have difficulties, write to [hidden email].

Content Creation Tutorial Draft - 4MAR2015.docx (347K) Download Attachment

Re: FEEDBACK REQUESTED: Content Creation Tutorial

mcokus
All,

Just a follow-up/reminder.  Please let us know whether you have any feedback on the tutorial by 25 March.  You can send comments over the the oval-developer-list or privately via [hidden email].

Thanks much,

--mike

Mike Cokus
Systems Engineer