FW: [OVAL-DEVELOPER-LIST] OVAL Active Directory test support

FW: [OVAL-DEVELOPER-LIST] OVAL Active Directory test support

Maneesh Jolly
Re: [OVAL-DEVELOPER-LIST] OVAL Active Directory test support

Here is the link

http://gsexdev.blogspot.com/2006/01/script-to-check-exchange-2003-server.html

Re: FW: [OVAL-DEVELOPER-LIST] OVAL Active Directory test support

Durrant, Sheldon A.
Re: [OVAL-DEVELOPER-LIST] OVAL Active Directory test support

Hi, Maneesh:

Thanks for the information. It seems that Active Directory tests are not all that common compared to the other types of tests; I have yet to find any in the Repository.

Sheldon A. Durrant

I found some code in VB script that checks for AD tests. It uses COM component called “ADsDSOObject” to perform the tests. I’ve not tested these but since you did not get any response so I thought it might be of some help. I hope it is of some relevance to you.

Regards,

Maneesh

To unsubscribe, send an email message to [hidden email] with SIGNOFF OVAL-DEVELOPER-LIST in the BODY of the message. If you have difficulties, write to [hidden email].

Re: FW: [OVAL-DEVELOPER-LIST] OVAL Active Directory test support

Maneesh Jolly
Re: [OVAL-DEVELOPER-LIST] OVAL Active Directory test support

Hi Sheldon,

Even I am surprised not to see any sample definition of activedirectory_test, activedirectory_object and activedirectory_state in most of the repository. But I was wondering there are some compatible products that clearly state that they support activedirectory_test. So I think the developers of the product must have written some Valid sample activedirectory_test definitions to test their product. I don’t think some one can claim support for a feature that is not tested either with actual data or sample data. Please do let me know if you manage to get any answer.