FW: OVAL/SACM IM mapping document posted

FW: OVAL/SACM IM mapping document posted

Hansbury, Matt

All,

As you may know, MITRE has been closely following, and occasionally involved with, the Security Automation & Continuous Monitoring (SACM[1]) Working Group within the IETF.  This week, we submitted an Internet Draft of a paper that discusses how the various models defined by the OVAL Language could be used to satisfy some of the components defined by SACM’s Information Model.

In general, our position has been that some parts of the OVAL Language would be appropriate for use by the SACM group as data models for implementing some key required components.  We’ve also held that some of these models will need some non-trivial updates and even that some might be best left behind.  This paper discusses those points, and also makes some concrete recommendations to the group.  We hope and expect to generate some conversation on how best to make use of OVAL Language within SACM.

Please find the announcement sent to the SACM mailing list forwarded below.  We welcome any feedback you may have, and also would welcome you to join the conversation over at SACM if it aligns with your interests.

Thanks

Matt

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/sacm

Re: OVAL/SACM IM mapping document posted

Danny Haynes
Administrator

FYI, we will be discussing the OVAL and SACM Information Model Paper at the IETF SACM virtual interim meeting today.

Call in details can be found here (http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sacm/current/msg02591.html).

The call is going to run from 10 AM EST to 12 PM EST.

Thanks,

Danny