Quantcast

File by Platform Windows 10 in Repository

File by Platform Windows 10 in Repository

Sunil Pagare
Hello,

Currently file microsoft.windows.10.insider.preview.xml is published in repository. So, I want to know that whether this same file is going maintain for all vulnerabilities for Windows 10 or any new file for windows 10 vulnerabilities will be published?

Best Regards,
Sunil
To unsubscribe, send an email message to [hidden email] with SIGNOFF OVAL-DISCUSSION-LIST in the BODY of the message. If you have difficulties, write to [hidden email].

Re: File by Platform Windows 10 in Repository

Maria Mikhno
Hello,
We have sent the inventories on Microsoft Windows 10 yesterday. I think this new inventory should be used in vulnerabilities instead of oval:org.mitre.oval:def:28779.

With Best Regards,
Maria Mikhno
ALTEX-SOFT
[hidden email] | altx-soft.ru | altex-soft.com

To unsubscribe, send an email message to [hidden email] with SIGNOFF OVAL-DISCUSSION-LIST in the BODY of the message. If you have difficulties, write to [hidden email].
To unsubscribe, send an email message to [hidden email] with SIGNOFF OVAL-DISCUSSION-LIST in the BODY of the message. If you have difficulties, write to [hidden email].

Re: File by Platform Windows 10 in Repository

Sergey Artykhov
Hello,

OVAL team have processed new inventory for Windows 10 (OVALid = oval:org.mitre.oval:def:28545 and Platform = Microsoft Windows 10). I think that the new file for all vulnerabilities for Windows 10 will be named microsoft.windows.10.xml.

Best Regards,
Sergey

Currently file microsoft.windows.10.insider.preview.xml is published in repository. So, I want to know that whether this same file is going maintain for all vulnerabilities for Windows 10 or any new file for windows 10 vulnerabilities will be published?

Best Regards,
Sunil
To unsubscribe, send an email message to [hidden email] with SIGNOFF OVAL-DISCUSSION-LIST in the BODY of the message. If you have difficulties, write to [hidden email].
To unsubscribe, send an email message to [hidden email] with SIGNOFF OVAL-DISCUSSION-LIST in the BODY of the message. If you have difficulties, write to [hidden email].

Re: File by Platform Windows 10 in Repository

Sunil Pagare
Thanks for the information.

Also, currently "Windows 10" platform text is not added in definition available in file microsoft.windows.10.xml. So, I want to ask question, is this definition going to modify for adding windows 10 platform text and also, same for all existing other windows definitions those are going to use for windows 10?

Best Regards,
Sunil

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 12:18 AM, Сергей Артюхов <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

OVAL team have processed new inventory for Windows 10 (OVALid = oval:org.mitre.oval:def:28545 and Platform = Microsoft Windows 10). I think that the new file for all vulnerabilities for Windows 10 will be named microsoft.windows.10.xml.

Best Regards,
Sergey

To unsubscribe, send an email message to [hidden email] with SIGNOFF OVAL-DISCUSSION-LIST in the BODY of the message. If you have difficulties, write to [hidden email].

Re: File by Platform Windows 10 in Repository

Sergey Artykhov
Hello,

OVAL Team added file microsoft.windows.10.xml to downloads page (for example http://oval.mitre.org/rep-data/5.10/org.mitre.oval/v/index.html). This file (microsoft.windows.10.xml) contains strange content (oval:org.mitre.oval:def:11907).

Definition (oval:org.mitre.oval:def:11907) contains these platforms (Microsoft Windows 10 missed):

<platform>Microsoft Windows 2000</platform>
<platform>Microsoft Windows XP</platform>
<platform>Microsoft Windows Server 2003</platform>
<platform>Microsoft Windows Server 2008</platform>
<platform>Microsoft Windows Vista</platform>
<platform>Microsoft Windows 7</platform>

This definition (oval:org.mitre.oval:def:11907) also contains in
  • microsoft.windows.8.xml
  • microsoft.windows.8.1.xml
  • microsoft.windows.server.2008.r2.xml
  • microsoft.windows.server.2012.xml
  • microsoft.windows.server.2012.r2.xml
  • microsoft.windows.10.insider.preview.xml
  • microsoft.windows.10.xml
I think oval:org.mitre.oval:def:11907 should be removed from listed above files.

FYI

Center for Internet Security is going to start new OVAL repository in September.

Best Regards,
Sergey