Fwd: CADF Specification (WIP1 Draft) now Public

Fwd: CADF Specification (WIP1 Draft) now Public

David Corlette-2
Hello all,

The DMTF Cloud Audit, Data Federation Working Group has published a work-in-progress version of its specification. As some of you may know, we have had extensive discussions in the past about the relationship between the emerging XDAS, CEE, and CADF standards, all of which purport to describe audit events from computing systems in one form or another. This draft should give you a chance to review the work that has been going on within DMTF with an eye to how these multiple standards will interrelate in the future.

Feel free to comment on the WIP via the DMTF website (or you can e-mail me with questions/comments).

> ----
>
> Announcement:
>
> The DMTF Cloud Auditing Data Federation (CADF) Working Group has officially
> released a public draft of its specification as a "Work-In-Progress" version
> 1.0 draft.  The PDF format version for a public review/comment period ending
> January 31, 2013.  Links to CADF working group home page, draft specification
> and use cases are listed below.
>
> Background:
>
> The CADF has developed a format-neutral event data model and data schema
> which can be used to federate Audit Events, Logs and Reports between cloud
> providers using REST-ful interfaces and be used by cloud customers to
> self-manage audit data for their cloud hosted applications and data.  The
> specification has had the input of the following notable member companies:
> IBM, NetIQ, Microsoft, CA, Huawei, VMware, Fujitsu, Citrix, EMC and others
>
> The CADF has the following alliance partners who liaise to the working
> group:
> The Open Group (TOG), ITU-T (Cloud Audit and SLM WGs), Cloud Security
> Alliance (CSA), NIST (SLA and Metrics WGs), and others
>
> The CADF also works closely with the DMTF Cloud Mgmt. Working Group (CMWG)
> so that CMWG specified management activities are able to produce CADF
> formatted events and logs.
>
> Resource Links:
>
> DMTF CADF Home Page:
> http://dmtf.org/standards/cadf
>
> Link to DMTF CADF "Data Format and Interface Definitions Specification"
> (DSP0262) Version 1.0.0 (Work-in-Progress) Draft 1:
> http://dmtf.org/sites/default/files/standards/documents/DSP0262_1.0.0a_0.pdf
>
> The CADF member companies submitted, compiled and analyzed cloud audit use
> cases covering: Industry Compliance Reporting, Geolocation (of apps and
> data), Data Tagging, Privacy, SLA, SLM, Event Correlation, Event Aggregation
> and Summarization and more.  The results where published June 27th, 2012 by
> the DMTF and used during development of the specification:
>
> Link to the DMTF CADF's 64-page "Use Cases Whitepaper" (DSP2028), Version
> 1.0.0:
> http://dmtf.org/sites/default/files/standards/documents/DSP2028_1.0.0a.pdf

David Corlette
Product Line Lead