Hardware CWE Special Interest Group (SIG)

Hardware CWE Special Interest Group (SIG)

asummers
Administrator

Dear CWE Research Community,

I am happy to announce that the CWE team is in the process of standing up a monthly Hardware-focused CWE Special Interest Group (SIG) call to expand and further formalize industry participation.

The HW CWE SIG will be a monthly forum for researchers and representatives from organizations operating in hardware design, manufacturing, and security to interact, share opinions and expertise, and leverage each other’s experiences in supporting the continued growth and adoption of CWE as a common language for defining hardware security weaknesses. The objective of the HW CWE SIG is to establish a stakeholder community for discussing HW CWE content and explore further cross-organizational collaboration opportunities. Members of the HW CWE SIG will work with each other through open and collaborative discussions to provide critical input regarding domain coverage, coverage goals, and content hierarchical structure. I have attached a one-pager that provides some other information for your perusal.

Please let me know if you wish to be included on the recurring meeting invite (to be sent out this week). The tentative date for the first call is Friday, October 30 at 12:30pm. In addition, please let me know if you know of other colleagues/contacts that may be interested in joining.

Cheers,

Alec

--

Alec J. Summers

Cyber Solutions Innovation Center

Group Leader, Software Assurance

Cyber Security Engineer, Lead

O: (781) 271-6970

C: (781) 496-8426

MITRE - Solving Problems for a Safer World

HW CWE SIG.pdf (80K) Download Attachment