Hardware CWE Special Interest Group

CWE/CAPEC Board,

I want to reach out to ask about launching a Hardware CWE Special Interest
Group (SIG) to expand and further formalize industry participation.

The HW CWE SIG will be a monthly forum for researchers and representatives
from organizations operating in hardware design, manufacturing, and security
to interact, share opinions and expertise, and leverage each other's
experiences in supporting the continued growth and adoption of CWE as a
common language for defining hardware security weaknesses. The objective of
the HW CWE SIG is to establish a stakeholder community for discussing HW CWE
content and explore further cross-organizational collaboration
opportunities. Members of the HW CWE SIG will work with each other through
open and collaborative discussions to provide critical input regarding
domain coverage, coverage goals, and content hierarchical structure.

Attached is a one-pager that will be sent to interested parties. The initial
solicitation to join would be sent to our internally-maintained list of
interested POCs representing a variety of organizations, including Intel,
Tortuga Logic, Accellera Systems Initiative IPSA Working Group, NVIDIA,
Dell, Bose, Splunk, Batelle, MIRA, Amazon, Grammatech, Contrast, Lattice
Semiconductor, Bosch, Datto, BAE, and Synopsys.

Please let me know if you have any comments/ideas, or if you have any
objections. Note that Alec Summers from the CWE Team is heading this up. If
you want to be involved, please let me know as well and I will get you added
to the list.

---------

20201013_HW CWE SIG.docx (29K) Download Attachment

RE: Hardware CWE Special Interest Group

Fung, Jason M
Since its launch in Feb'20, the HW CWE effort has reached a maturity level and an inflection point, where a passionate stakeholder community can help to drive growth and adoption forward.  I am all for it, and of course, I can be biased. 😊

- Jason

[EXT] Re: Hardware CWE Special Interest Group

Jason Oberg
I am also biased, but completely support this as well! Really excited to see this forming and, based on the initial list, you all have done a great job of rounding up the parallel HW efforts. It will be great to have these aligned to achieve a common goal.

Thanks!
Jason

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 3:07 AM Fung, Jason M <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dr. Jason Oberg | Co-Founder and CTO | +1 (808) 635-7604

Tortuga Logic  |  75 E Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA 95113

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT | This email and any attachments may contain private, confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender of the error by return email and delete this email and any attachments.