MAEC 4.0 has been released!

I’m pleased to announce the release of MAEC v4.0 : http://maec.mitre.org/language/version4.0/

Besides the integration of CybOX v2.0, we’ve added support for the more transparent capture of AV classifications for a malware instance object, along with the ability to capture minor variants of a Malware Subject. Also, we’ve added controlled vocabularies in a new schema for providing an extensible mechanism for defining things like Action names, and in conjunction have refactored and overhauled many of these existing vocabularies as well.

We invite you to take a look at the schemas and examples on the release page, and those interested in more detailed release notes may find them in the writeup here: http://maec.mitre.org/language/version4.0/MAECv40releasenotes.pdf

We’ll be working on updating the existing bindings and utilities to support MAEC v4.0 in the very near future, so I will keep everyone posted with regards to our progress on that front.

Have a great weekend!

Ivan Kirillov

MAEC Project

The MITRE Corporation