MAEC 4.1 Now Available

The MAEC team is pleased to announce that we have finalized the MAEC v4.1 minor release and it is now available for download on the MAEC website. This release includes a number of updates, including the incorporation of CybOX v2.1 and the initial release of the MAEC Capabilities schema structures and vocabularies. We encourage you to parse the schemas, release notes, and examples to get a sense of what’s included in this release:

Release Page: http://maec.mitre.org/language/version4.1/

Release Notes (PDF): http://maec.mitre.org/language/version4.1/MAECv41releasenotes.pdf

Examples: http://maec.mitre.org/language/examples.html

Accordingly, we’ve updated the python-maec library to support this new version and its features, which can be found here: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/maec/4.1.0.0. For those interested in the source code, it can be found in our GitHub repository: https://github.com/MAECProject/python-maec.

Finally, we’d like to thank the community for all of the great feedback and comments that helped shape this release.

MAEC Project

MITRE

RE: MAEC 4.1 Now Available

Kirillov, Ivan A.

Small update – we’ve released a Python script for translating MAEC v4.0.1 documents into MAEC v4.1. It can be found here:

https://github.com/MAECProject/python-maec/blob/master/scripts/maec_4.0.1_to_4.1.py

MAEC Project

MITRE