[MAEC] Announcing maec-to-stix v1.0.0-alpha1

[MAEC] Announcing maec-to-stix v1.0.0-alpha1

I am pleased to announce the release of maec-to-stix v1.0.0-alpha1. The maec-to-stix library provides APIs and scripts that can wrap MAEC content in STIX. Besides this, maec-to-stix also provides the capability to automatically extract STIX Indicators from dynamic analysis/sandbox data captured in MAEC, a process which is highly configurable and includes some post-processing to help eliminate false positives that may result from such machine-generated data.

The library is in alpha now, but we’re hoping that you guys can try it out and give us feedback when you encounter a bug or when things don’t go quite the way you expected. Your feedback will help us produce a stable, higher-quality library as a result!

PyPI: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/maec-to-stix

Documentation: http://maec-to-stix.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html

GitHub: https://github.com/MAECProject/maec-to-stix

As always, let us know if things aren’t working properly or if you have any suggestions on how we can make it better. You can do so by replying to this email or submitting an issue in our GitHub issue tracker: https://github.com/MAECProject/maec-to-stix/issues

Oh, and just a heads up that this library requires the latest versions of python-stix and python-cybox to be installed:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/stix/1.1.1.3

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cybox/2.1.0.9

Happy holidays!

Ivan Kirillov