Quantcast

[MAEC] MAEC 5.0 Working Session

MAEC is still around, and we’re still working on the next major release, version 5.0 J We’d like to invite the MAEC community and anyone interested to participate in a working session centered around this next version, which we plan on holding in the next month or so.

In this roughly 2-hour session, we hope to cover, at minimum:

·         MAEC 5.0 overview

o    Top-level objects

o    Move from XML to JSON

·         Relationships to OASIS CTI Efforts

o    STIX 2.0

o    CybOX 3.0

·         Release timeline

·         Your feedback/input

o    Let us know what YOU think – should we do anything differently? Are we missing key features?

If you’re interested in attending, please fill out the following Doodle poll to let us know which dates/times work for you – we’re thinking of a Wednesday in mid-late July, but if that doesn’t work at all please let us know:

http://doodle.com/poll/hn2gt7f6b9gdznps

MAEC Team

MITRE

JA

Re: [MAEC] MAEC 5.0 Working Session

JA
Hi,

Good to hear.
Regarding XML to JSON,
I see a lot of benefits looking at Relax NG
http://relaxng.org/
and CDDL
Refs:
https://www.iab.org/wp-content/IAB-uploads/2016/03/Noise-in-specifications-hurts.pdf
Tools:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-greevenbosch-appsawg-cbor-cddl-08#appendix-F

As an example, it turns 30,000 lines of XML schema into 3,000 lines of
simplified "JSON schema"

Best regards