[MAEC] MAEC 5.0 in a Nutshell

Kirillov, Ivan A.
We’ve recently added a new Wiki page that attempts to summarize the major proposed changes in the next version of MAEC, v5.0, and the rationale behind them: https://github.com/MAECProject/schemas/wiki/MAEC-v5.0-in-a-Nutshell

If you haven’t had a chance to look over the MAEC proposals, this should still allow you to get a sense of what we’re planning without wading into some of the details of the proposals themselves. Also, we’d welcome any comments or feedback on these proposed changes :-)

MITRE

Re: [MAEC] MAEC 5.0 in a Nutshell

Kirillov, Ivan A.
Also, just to provide a sense of the scale of the MAEC v5.0 changes with regards to simplification, here are some statistics with regards to what we plan on deprecating:

  • 1 schema (MAEC Container)
  • 2 output formats (MAEC Bundle, MAEC Container)
  • ~35 schema types (final count still ongoing)
Regards,
Ivan

From: Ivan Kirillov
Date: Monday, August 31, 2015 at 10:29 AM