MITRE and CEE Working Group

McQuaid, Rosalie M.

CEE Discussion List Members,

Seeing the insightful and immediate feedback generated from the Field List posting we would like to clarify the CEE board and MITRE's involvement in the CEE initiative.

There are several people here at MITRE that have been developing the groundwork for CEE.  The MITRE contacts for the iniative are Rosalie McQuaid (781-271-7676, [hidden email]) and William Heinbockel (781-271-2615, [hidden email]).

As with most efforts, MITRE feels that the best way to encourage participation on a particular subject is to provide work for a larger group to absorb and comment on. For this reason, we spent some time over the past year working with Raffy Marty and Anton Chuvakin to develop some of the groundwork for CEE.  At the begining, we felt it was best to keep the initial group small in order to develop something of at least SOME substance so that the group would have a starting point for developing CEE.

We believe that we are at that point today. As you can see, the Field list is by no means complete nor is it the official CEE list. It is simply a suggestion or starting point for people that are interested  in an iniative that makes sense -- CEE. We are forming the CEE Working Group to be collaborative group aimed at the the creation of an open, practical, and industry-accepted event interoperability standard.

We encourage discussions, suggestions and involvement from all on the discussion list -- this is key if the community is going to develop a open, practical and accepted standard.

Towards that end we are scheduling monthly telecons where the CEE working group can openly discuss the development of CEE. MITRE will host the first CEE working group telecon on Friday April 4, 2008.  In addition, we are holding an informal working group meeting at the RSA Conference in April.  Information on these two meetings is below.

Telecon & Working Group Kick-Off Telecon Info : Date: 4 April 2008, Time: 1:00 - 2:30pm EST / 10:00 - 11:30am PST

Dial-in information:   Phone Numbers: 866-648-7367 (866-MITRE-MP), for North American callers only or 703-983-6338 (Washington) or 781-271-6338 (Boston)    ----   Meeting ID: 2331

In-Person Meeting at RSA ConferenceThis meeting will be an in-person meeting for CEE during the RSA Conference being held in San Francisco from April 7-11, 2008. Date and time will be announced in the next few weeks.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestion please don't hesitate to contact me at 781-271-767 or [hidden email].

Thanks,
Rosalie

Rosalie M. McQuaid
Associate Dept Head, Crypto and IA Research
Principal InfoSec Engineer
The MITRE Corporation
202 Burlington Rd.
Bedford MA

Recall: MITRE and CEE Working Group

McQuaid, Rosalie M.
Recall: MITRE and CEE Working Group

McQuaid, Rosalie M. would like to recall the message, "MITRE and CEE Working Group".