Now Available: CWE Compatibility Program Summit Agenda

Now Available: CWE Compatibility Program Summit Agenda

Marisa Harriston

Good afternoon,

The agenda for next week’s CWE Compatibility Program Summit is now available. Please see the attachment for more details. A final agenda will be provided prior to the event.

If you have not had the opportunity to register, space is still available. Register for the event here, and reply to this message with any questions.

We hope to see you on Thursday, March 11th!

Marisa Harriston

Sr. Communications & Outreach Strategist

Mobile: 571-634-0971

LinkedIn LogoTwitter Logo Youtube logo Facebook Logo Instagram Logo

MITRE Logo

CWE Compatibility Summit Agenda & Sessions At a Glance.pdf (431K) Download Attachment

Kurt Seifried

RE: Now Available: CWE Compatibility Program Summit Agenda

Steven M Christey

Kurt,

The submission process is not a primary focus of the compatibility summit, but I believe it’s important to address your concern this year. I would like to make it easier for everybody to submit usable content as easily as possible, which avoids the issues as highlighted in “Common Problems Affecting Integration into CWE” as posted here:

   https://cwe.mitre.org/community/submissions/guidelines.html#problems

As you know from your experience in CVE and DWF – and as I’ve seen in many other “crowdsourced” knowledge-oriented projects that wrestle with quality control - even sincere contributors don’t always conform to quality expectations. However, I’ve been thinking about a process that may help track changes from original submission to initial disclosure, which will be informative in helping us to better prepare external contributors and reduce their frustration.

- Steve