OVAL 5.11.1 HTML documentation and schematrons

OVAL 5.11.1 HTML documentation and schematrons

Jan Cerny
Hello,

I want to add OVAL 5.11.1 support to OpenSCAP, but only the XSD schemas
are available on the OVAL project github. I miss the official HTML documentation
and .SCH schematrons. They are not available there. Can I find them anywhere else?
Or is there a procedure how to generate HTML documentation from the schemas?
What about schematrons? Will they be available? OpenSCAP uses them to validate
OVAL documents.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Regards

Jan Černý
Red Hat, Inc.

To unsubscribe, send an email message to [hidden email] with
SIGNOFF OVAL-DEVELOPER-LIST
in the BODY of the message.  If you have difficulties, write to [hidden email].

Re: OVAL 5.11.1 HTML documentation and schematrons

David Solin-3
You can generate them by building the Joval open-source data model project:
http://github.com/joval/jOVAL

The docs are generated under scap/doc, the schematron files are generated under scap/gen-sch.  (The .sch files are an intermediate target used to create the .xsl files).

Best regards,
—David A. Solin
Co-Founder, Research & Technology
[hidden email]

> On Jul 14, 2015, at 7:59 AM, Jan Cerny <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I want to add OVAL 5.11.1 support to OpenSCAP, but only the XSD schemas
> are available on the OVAL project github. I miss the official HTML documentation
> and .SCH schematrons. They are not available there. Can I find them anywhere else?
> Or is there a procedure how to generate HTML documentation from the schemas?
> What about schematrons? Will they be available? OpenSCAP uses them to validate
> OVAL documents.
>
> Thank you very much for your reply.
>
> Regards
>
> Jan Černý
> Red Hat, Inc.
>
> To unsubscribe, send an email message to [hidden email] with
> SIGNOFF OVAL-DEVELOPER-LIST
> in the BODY of the message.  If you have difficulties, write to [hidden email].

To unsubscribe, send an email message to [hidden email] with
SIGNOFF OVAL-DEVELOPER-LIST
in the BODY of the message.  If you have difficulties, write to [hidden email].

Re: OVAL 5.11.1 HTML documentation and schematrons

Jan Lieskovsky
Hello David, OVAL developers,

  David -- thank you for your reply.

Re: OVAL 5.11.1 HTML documentation and schematrons

ries
Hi Jan,

These are great suggestions!

I am working with the small team of OVAL Board members designated to lead the transition effort. We are putting together the new process for OVAL schema moderation, but this effort has taken a back seat to the OVAL Repository transition effort. I expect to have a comprehensive update on it in the next couple weeks.

We have discussed generating schema documentation and schematrons and I will add that into our plans. If you have any other ideas or suggestions, please send them to the list and I will incorporate them. And, please expect more detailed plans in the next couple weeks.

Best,
David

--
[...]

-David

--
David E. Ries
Partner

Re: OVAL 5.11.1 HTML documentation and schematrons

Jan Cerny
Hello,

thank you all for your replies.
I am glad to hear that it has been discussed in the transition process.
Indeed, this is not related only to 5.11.1, but it applies to any future release.
I would very appreciate to have all the additional resources
(HTML docs and schematrons) generated officially and available online.
I also suggest putting a link to HTML documentation on ovalproject.github.io,
which seems to be the place where people would expect it.

Regards

Jan Černý
Red Hat, Inc.