OVAL 5.11.1 RC Announcement targeting 4/20

OVAL 5.11.1 RC Announcement targeting 4/20

drothenberg

All,

We have pushed out additional changes that remove previous backwards incompatibilities (#244), and updated recent pushes to remove new ones (Commit de53c). New to this RC is the addition of the check_existence attribute to State entities (#191) and the addition of three new Windows registry type enumerations (#243). Attached is the changelog with all changes made since the Official OVAL 5.11.0 release.

We ask that you review these changes to be the successor to OVAL 5.11.0, with the new target release date of April 20. The changes have been broken down as follows:

Changes affecting the Core can be found at https://github.com/drothenberg/Language/tree/511_updates.

Changes affecting platform extensions can be found at https://github.com/drothenberg/Language/tree/5_11_1_platform_updates.

For reviewing the full update, all changes can be found at https://github.com/drothenberg/Language/tree/5_11_1_all_updates.

Thanks,

David Rothenberg

To unsubscribe, send an email message to [hidden email] with SIGNOFF OVAL-DEVELOPER-LIST in the BODY of the message. If you have difficulties, write to [hidden email].

changelog.txt (15K) Download Attachment

Re: OVAL 5.11.1 RC Announcement targeting 4/20

Jan Lieskovsky
Hello David,

  thank you for the heads-up. Since the OVAL 5.11.1 RC should correct
also GlobToRegexFunction description:
  [1] https://github.com/OVALProject/Language/issues/245

and an additional issue related with Unix / Linux glob forward slash clause & dotfiles
has been identified (see the link below for details):
  [2] http://making-security-measurable.1364806.n2.nabble.com/Issues-with-glob-to-regex-examples-regarding-forward-slash-and-dotfiles-td7586722.html

wondering if it would be possible to update the patch for issue #245
(add another patch on top of the existing one) to correct the issue [2]
yet? And if that change could be included into OVAL 5.11.1 RC yet?

Thank you && Regards, Jan.
--
Jan iankko Lieskovsky / Red Hat Security Technologies Team

> [...]

> Changes affecting the Core can be found at
> https://github.com/drothenberg/Language/tree/511_updates.
> Changes affecting platform extensions can be found at
> https://github.com/drothenberg/Language/tree/5_11_1_platform_updates.
> For reviewing the full update, all changes can be found at
> https://github.com/drothenberg/Language/tree/5_11_1_all_updates.
>
> Thanks,
> David Rothenberg
>
> To unsubscribe, send an email message to [hidden email] with
> SIGNOFF OVAL-DEVELOPER-LIST
> in the BODY of the message.  If you have difficulties, write to
> [hidden email].

Re: OVAL 5.11.1 RC Announcement targeting 4/20

Jan Lieskovsky
Hello David,

> Since this issue affected the Core schemas, we merged the changes made in a
> new pull request to address the issues outlined below.

Thank you for the prompt reaction && providing us with the chance to correct these issues yet.
Much appreciated! (since this change will save us many headaches in the future)

> If these changes are
> acceptable then we will proceed with the Language release tomorrow, 4/22.
>
> Changes affecting the Core can be found at
> https://github.com/drothenberg/Language/tree/511_updates.

Reviewed the changes and they look good to me (AFAICT).

Not to forget thanks should go to Martin Preisler too (for noticing these
issues in version#2 of the proposal && preparing the current v#3 version).

Thanks, Martin!

> Changes affecting platform extensions can be found at
> https://github.com/drothenberg/Language/tree/5_11_1_platform_updates.
> For reviewing the full update, all changes can be found at
> https://github.com/drothenberg/Language/tree/5_11_1_all_updates.

Regards, Jan.