OVAL Developer Days - Thank You

Jon Baker
Administrator
For those of you that could attend this year's OVAL Developer Days,
thank you for making the event a tremendous success. For all of you
that could not attend we hope you will be able to attend next year.

Over the next week or two we will develop minutes from the event and
distribute them via this mailing list for your review and feedback.

Thank you all for your efforts,

Jon

Jonathan O. Baker
The MITRE Corporation
Email: [hidden email]

Re: OVAL Developer Days - Thank You

Vladimir Giszpenc
Hi Jon et al,

My apologies, but someone needs to nag...

I don't think this list received remediation specific minutes.  The minutes
may all have gone to the OVAL list.  This list needs to become active!

Remediation is a big deal and I hate to see it getting forgotten.  I don't
know if we are waiting for the vendors who have added remediation to donate
their schemas to the community or something else, but we need to start
developing remediation enhancements for OVAL so the content producers can
encode fixes and the remediation engines can exercise that content.

Everyone seemed excited about this topic at Developer Days.  Has anything
happened since?  What is the plan?

Regards,

Vladimir Giszpenc
DSCI Contractor Supporting
US Army CERDEC S&TCD IAD Tactical Network Protection Branch
(732) 532-8959

Vladimir,

I just realized I never posted the minutes from developer days to this list.
Sorry for the oversight. The remediation specific minute pick up on page 24
of the doc below:

http://oval.mitre.org/oval/documents/docs-08/developerdays_minutes.pdf

Thanks,

Jon