OVAL Repository Transition Update

Adam Montville-2
Dear OVAL Stakeholder,

As you know a Transition Team has been working to build CIS' OVAL Repository, which is intended to replace MITRE’s OVAL Repository.

In the spirit of providing as smooth and seamless a transition as possible, we have come to the conclusion that we must delay the transition.  We have not come to this conclusion lightly, but believe that postponing the transition will enable us to more completely define and test our improvements before opening our doors to accept submissions.  This postponement will also allow adequate time for OVAL consumers to update their processes to rely on either git or the new site for content acquisition.

This week, CIS will be reaching out to top contributors to review the submission process in detail.  Additionally, CIS will be unveiling its OVAL Repository Web site (we anticipate also this week).  We are targeting a full transition no later than September 1.

Please feel free to contact me directly ([hidden email]) with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Kind regards,

Adam Montville
Director
Security Controls and Automation
Center for Internet Security
31 Tech Valley Drive, Suite 2
East Greenbush, NY 12061

www.cisecurity.org
Follow us @CISecurity
This message and attachments may contain confidential information. If it appears that this message was sent to you by mistake, any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and attachments is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.
. . .
To unsubscribe, send an email message to [hidden email] with SIGNOFF OVAL-DEVELOPER-LIST in the BODY of the message. If you have difficulties, write to [hidden email].

Re: OVAL Repository Transition Update

Adam Montville-2
Hello,

Please accept my most sincere apologies for not making one thing perfectly clear: It is our expectation and understanding that while this transition process completes, MITRE will continue processing OVAL submissions.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact me.

Kind regards,

Adam

. . .
To unsubscribe, send an email message to [hidden email] with SIGNOFF OVAL-DEVELOPER-LIST in the BODY of the message. If you have difficulties, write to [hidden email].

Re: OVAL Repository Transition Update

Hansbury, Matt

As Adam suggested below, we (MITRE) are going to continue supporting OVAL through the month of August.  We will continue to work with the OVAL Board and the transition team to coordinate the transition of the OVAL Repository, and until such time as it is no longer needed, continue to process submissions to the OVAL Repository.

We continue to be committed to a smooth and successful transition.

Thanks

Matt