Question about CVE description

Piper, Lesley A

Hi all!

Hope you are doing well and starting to warm up.  Happy spring!

I am helping a professor on some vulnerability research and I was wondering, for http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=cve-2011-2523, what exactly does it mean when the description reads:
** RESERVED ** This candidate has been reserved by an organization or individual that will use it when announcing a new security problem. When the candidate has been publicized, the details for this candidate will be provided.

I’m curious because there is information about the smiley face username, etc. on other sites.

Any information is greatly appreciated. Have a good day,

Lesley

Re: Question about CVE description

Kurt Seifried
I updated the CVE entry at Wikipedia a few months ago:

--
Kurt Seifried
[hidden email]