RE: CybOX, MAEC, and STIX tool repositories

RE: CybOX, MAEC, and STIX tool repositories

Back, Greg
All-

I have finished migrating all of the tools to new repositories within the CybOX, MAEC, and STIX organizations on GitHub. Each of the original repositories (links below) contains links to the new repos. I've also tried to migrate all applicable tags, branches, and issues to the correct new repo. If there are any other old versions of tools you'd like me to tag, please let me know.

If you notice any bugs or unexpected behavior from any of the tools (either as a result of the migration or otherwise), please open an issue in the proper repository. After a couple weeks, existing code within the original repositories will be removed, and you'll have to clone the new repositories to track updated changes. If you've downloaded a Zip archive of a particular version of a tool, it should continue to work (but of course you might not have the most recent changes).

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Greg Back
MITRE

RE: RE: CybOX, MAEC, and STIX tool repositories

Kirillov, Ivan A.

Hi Mc,

We’re planning on doing it in the near future, likely in the next month or so. We’ll let you know once we have a firmer timeline.

MITRE

I like to know when are we going to update maec to html xsl file ?

Thanks
Mc

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

JA

Re: CybOX, MAEC, and STIX tool repositories

JA

this is a great job, congrats and thanks
Could it be also possible (in a near future ;)) to also add links
somewhere to related projects?
i.e.: https://github.com/cuckoobox/cuckoo/tree/master/lib/maec

Thank you
Cyber Regards
/JA

2013/10/31 Back, Greg <[hidden email]>:

> [...]
> repositories.
> 6. Manually create new issues in the new repositories corresponding to open
> issues in the existing repositories, including links to ensure the discussion
> can be followed.
> 7. After a week or two, remove all files except the README from the original
> repo. The full git history and all issues will be kept for reference.
>
> This process will start beginning next Monday (11/4) for CybOX, and be
> followed by MAEC and STIX.
>
> If there are any concerns or questions about this process, please email the
> corresponding list ([hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email]) or reply
> to this message.
>
> Thanks,
> Greg Back
> MITRE

RE: CybOX, MAEC, and STIX tool repositories

Thanks, Jerome.

We are discussing the best place to put such a list of links, but it is certainly something we hope to do in the near future. I will send an update to the mailing lists once we have more definite plans.

Greg