RE: TimeUnitType

mdavidson

Cross posting to the CybOX discussion list, as this looks to be primarily a CybOX discussion.

Jerome,

Thank you for the comment. Do you have a usage in mind for the TimeUnitType, or are you thinking something else?

I will note that a Duration data type exists in the XML Specification:

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#duration

[2] http://www.w3schools.com/schema/schema_dtypes_date.asp (Scroll about halfway down to ‘Duration Data Type’)

Upon quick review, it looks like the built-in Duration data type differs from the VERIS TimeUnitType in the following ways:

1. Never, Unknown, and N/A are not represented in the built-in Duration type

2. Weeks are not represented in the built-in Duration type

I believe everything that can be represented in the built-in Duration type can be represented in the VERIS TimeUnitType.

Thank you.

-Mark Davidson

RE: TimeUnitType

Kirillov, Ivan A.