Re: [MAEC] MAEC v5.0 Proposals - Round 2 Status

Re: [MAEC] MAEC v5.0 Proposals - Round 2 Status

Kirillov, Ivan A.
I figured I would start a new thread to capture the status of the current proposals, including any changes.

  • Proposal: Refactor Malware Actions
    • This proposal has been updated to reflect the changes brought about by Paul Patrick’s comments regarding the Name field and use of controlled vocabularies in this field.

Regards,
Ivan

From: Ivan Kirillov
Date: Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 1:49 PM
To: maec-discussion-list Malware Attribute Enumeration Discussion
Subject: [MAEC] MAEC v5.0 Proposals - Round 2

The second round of proposals for MAEC v5.0 is now ready for feedback and comments. This round incorporates some of the larger, backwards compatibility breaking changes that we’ve been considering, largely targeted towards simplification and ease-of-use.

We look forward to your feedback! Feel free to reply directly to this thread, so that we can keep the comments contained in one place.

Comments for this round will close in two weeks, on August 13th.

MITRE

Re: [MAEC] MAEC v5.0 Proposals - Round 2 Status

Beck, Desiree A.

The proposals for Collections and Relationships have been modified to reflect the recent discussion: Collections now capture grouping relationships (i.e., many-to-many relationships) and Relationships capture only pairwise relationships:

·         Proposal: Make Collections Top Level Entities

·         Proposal: Make Relationships Top Level Entities

Please have a look and let us know what you think.

Thanks,
Dez

I figured I would start a new thread to capture the status of the current proposals, including any changes.

·         Proposal: Refactor Malware Actions

o    This proposal has been updated to reflect the changes brought about by Paul Patrick’s comments regarding the Name field and use of controlled vocabularies in this field.

Regards,

Ivan

From: Ivan Kirillov
Date: Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 1:49 PM
To: maec-discussion-list Malware Attribute Enumeration Discussion

MITRE

Re: [MAEC] MAEC v5.0 Proposals - Round 2 Status

Kirillov, Ivan A.
Round 2 of of the proposals is now closed, though we’d still welcome any last-minute or additional comments.

Here’s where these proposals stand relative to their implementation status in MAEC 5.0:

Regards,
Ivan