[STIX] test error message

Zhai, Jim (TBS)

Hello,

I am just start testing the taxii with Yeti-2 and all looks works in the admin side. I set the “taxiitest.mitre.org” for my first test environment. When try to load page of /services/inbox or /services/pull, it gives me empty page and error message as

[14/Mar/2015 17:18:54] "GET /services/inbox/ HTTP/1.1" 406 0

·         Can someone could help me to understand this error?

Many thanks,

Jim

Re: [STIX] test error message

Zhai, Jim (TBS)

Hello Everyone,

Does Yeti 2.0 support proxy settings?

thanks,

Jim

Re: [STIX] test error message

mdavidson

Jim,

I’ve copied the TAXII Discussion List, since this is a TAXII question (I’ll note that previous attempts to copy both lists ended in fragmented messages – we’ll see how this one works out).

Are you attempting to load one of these pages with your browser? If so, your HTTP request won’t contain the requisite TAXII protocol information and the server will respond with an error message. In this case HTTP 406 means unacceptable – your browser specified a list of acceptable responses and the server cannot create one of those. If not, there’s something else at play.

I suppose a reasonable feature request for YETI would be “When attempting to access a TAXII Service using a browser, respond with a helpful HTTP page instead of an unhelpful HTTP Error code”. I’ve opened an issue on github for this: https://github.com/TAXIIProject/django-taxii-services/issues/41.

Thank you.

-Mark

Re: [STIX] test error message

mdavidson

Jim,

I’ve copied the TAXII Discussion List for this message also. Can you elaborate on what you mean? YETI 2 is a web application, YETI should work with most web architectures. Libtaxii (the client side) does support proxy configuration [1] [2]. Please let me know if I’ve missed the mark on your question.

Thank you.

-Mark

[1] http://libtaxii.readthedocs.org/en/latest/api/clients.html#libtaxii.clients.HttpClient.set_proxy

[2] http://libtaxii.readthedocs.org/en/latest/scripts.html#common-command-line-arguments

Re: [STIX] test error message

Zhai, Jim (TBS)

Thanks for explain this, Mark. The error might be related https. Does current version of YETI support https? Or I have to install django-seure manully?

Thanks,

Jim

Re: [STIX] test error message

mdavidson

Jim,

YETI does support HTTPS; all you really need to do is deploy YETI on a webserver that is configured to use HTTPS. If you’re getting an HTTP 406, that means the HTTP Request/Response is succeeding and you don’t have an HTTPS error. I’m not really sure where your error might be coming from, so if you’d like to share more off-list, please feel free to email me directly.

Thank you.

-Mark