SharePoint Component Schema

Morrison, Linda E.

Hello;

Last fiscal year we produced a SharePoint Sever 2007 Security Guide for our sponsor.  This guide was produced and delivered to our sponsor in the NIST XCCDF standard.  This year we are producing compliance checks for all of our checkable recommendations in the security guide.

In order to develop the checks we needed for SharePoint, we needed to develop a new SharePoint component schema for OVAL.  I have attached a copy of the latest SharePoint component schema files.  The schema files contain tests that will allow us to write the definitions needed in order to check the configuration of the SharePoint security related items.  These files contain all of our tests developed to date.  If anyone has any feedback on the attached SharePoint component schema, please let me know.

Thanks

Linda Morrison

The MITRE Corporation

To unsubscribe, send an email message to [hidden email] with SIGNOFF OVAL-DEVELOPER-LIST in the BODY of the message. If you have difficulties, write to [hidden email].

sharepoint-system-characteristics-schema.xsd (180K) Download Attachment
sharepoint-definitions-schema.xsd (250K) Download Attachment

Re: SharePoint Component Schema

I just wanted to close the loop on this ... this new component schema was added to the 5.6 draft.  I encourage anyone with an interest in Sharepoint to review this component schema and provide feedback as appropriate.

Thank you very much for your submission of this schema!