Updated CybOX HTML Transform Now Available

Updated CybOX HTML Transform Now Available

I’m pleased to announce that we’ve just released the updated CybOX to HTML XSL transform:

https://github.com/CybOXProject/Tools/tree/master/scripts/cybox_to_html

Besides adding support for CybOX v2.0, this transform now supports a much more comprehensive view of CybOX, including generic support for all CybOX Objects, greatly enhanced support for nested entities like Related Objects, and lots of stylistic and functional changes.

Regards,

Ivan

RE: Updated CybOX HTML Transform Now Available

Kirillov, Ivan A.

Small update – we’ve added more examples of the transform to provide some insight into how different types of CybOX outputs would look when rendered in HTML:

https://github.com/CybOXProject/Tools/tree/master/scripts/cybox_to_html/example

Also, we encourage you to modify the transform to do new, cool things we may not have thought of; we would be happy to accept pull requests!

Regards,

Ivan

Re: Updated CybOX HTML Transform Now Available

PAT MARONEY-2
All,

Synchro soft Oxygen provides some excellent tools for XML, XSL/XSLT,XQERY, XPATH, Xcetera.

Along with the XSL/XSLT tools, one feature I really like is the graphic view rendering of XML.

 If not familiar, give it a free try,  multi platform, very flexible licensing if you use multiple systems, good support, frequent updates and new features,

Patrick Maroney
(609)841-5104

On Jul 12, 2013, at 9:11 AM, "Kirillov, Ivan A." <[hidden email]> wrote:

Small update – we’ve added more examples of the transform to provide some insight into how different types of CybOX outputs would look when rendered in HTML:

https://github.com/CybOXProject/Tools/tree/master/scripts/cybox_to_html/example

Also, we encourage you to modify the transform to do new, cool things we may not have thought of; we would be happy to accept pull requests!

Regards,

Ivan

RE: Updated CybOX HTML Transform Now Available

Kirillov, Ivan A.

Patrick,

While Oxygen does provide a nice XML viewer, the approach we took with the CybOX XML to HTML transform was to create a more logical, user-friendly view of the CybOX data.

Thus, wherever possible we abstract XML or CybOX-specific entities to present a more generalized view of the data while still following the structure of the document. Accordingly, one of the neater features we’ve implemented is the automatic inlining of referenced entities. For example, an Object in CybOX may have multiple Related Objects, which may often be references to other Objects in the document. In the HTML generated by our transform, we inline these referenced Related Objects as collapsible nodes in their parent Object, so that users don’t have to scroll throughout the document to locate to them. We find that this can be particularly useful for Observable Compositions.

Regards,

Ivan

RE: Updated CybOX HTML Transform Now Available

Kirillov, Ivan A.

Ah, got it :)

In that case, I certainly concur – Oxygen is a great tool! It’s the preferred choice of many on the STIX/CybOX/MAEC development teams.

Regards,

Ivan