Quantcast

XCCDF Capabilities Document Call for Comments

XCCDF Capabilities Document Call for Comments

Nordman, Lisa A.

Hello All,

Attached is a document describing the capabilities of XCCDF.    Our goals in creating this document are:  to educate vendors on best practices regarding the use and implementation of XCCDF, to gain a deeper understanding of how XCCDF is currently being used in the community, and to gain insight into the unique uses of XCCDF within the community. With a greater understanding, XCCDF can evolve to encompass additional capabilities.

We are hoping to foster discussions on these topics. Please take a moment to read and provide feedback/comments.

Thank you,

Lisa Nordman

Lisa Nordman

The MITRE Corporation

Phone: (781) 271-7556

Email: [hidden email]

Benchmark Development:

http://benchmarkdevelopment.mitre.org/

XCCDF Capabilities Document.pdf (659K) Download Attachment

RE: XCCDF Capabilities Document Call for Comments

Nordman, Lisa A.

Hello All,

There has been some confusion regarding this morning's posting of the XCCDF Capabilities Document. We want to emphasize that this document is being sent out to provide a starting point for a community development effort This is NOT a normative document in any regard. (MITRE does not publish normative documents on XCCDF.) We hope the community will provide input as to the potential value of a work like this, as well as the particulars it contains.

We apologize for any confusion and look forward to your input.

Thank you,

Lisa Nordman