[cce-working-group] Microsoft Windows 8/2012 CCE plan.

[cce-working-group] Microsoft Windows 8/2012 CCE plan.

sprabhu
Hello CCE Community,

I just wanted to know, are there any plans releasing the CCEs for Microsoft Windows 8 and
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 ?
Anybody currently working on such an initiative?
--
Thanks !!
Prabhu S A

Re: [cce-working-group] Microsoft Windows 8/2012 CCE plan.

Berkheiser, Kevin D

I think I’d prefer IE 10 first since it would cover Win 8, Win 2012 and Win 7 with IE 10.

I hear IE 11 will be in the Win 8 and Win 2012 update this fall/winter.

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

Re: [cce-working-group] Microsoft Windows 8/2012 CCE plan.

Blake Frantz

Microsoft's Security Compliance Manager (SCM) contains CCE information for IE10, Win8, and WS2012. Those same CCEs appear in the corresponding CIS benchmarks. As you've noted, those CCEs are not in the official CCE dictionary. That being said, previous SCM releases contained CCE information that eventually became part of the official CCE dictionary. Official word from NIST on when/if the SCM CCEs will become official may be best.

Blake

I just wanted to know, are there any plans releasing the CCEs for Microsoft Windows 8 and Microsoft Windows Server 2012 ?
Anybody currently working on such an initiative?

--
Thanks !!
Prabhu S A

This message and attachments may contain confidential information. If it appears that this message was sent to you by mistake, any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and attachments is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.

Re: [cce-working-group] Microsoft Windows 8/2012 CCE plan.

sprabhu
Hi Blake,

Yes I had a look on these CCEs shipped with SCM, may be Microsoft be planning
to add few more not sure :)

I think the need is to wait for the official word from NIST.

--
Thanks !!
Prabhu S A