Quantcast

record datatype doesn't support var_ref

Michael Tan-2

Hi, I am looking for help/suggestion as my team is creating SCAP1.2 content using record data type.

As part of OVAL5.10, new construct cmdlet_test is available for Windows. The only datatype for cmdlet_state value is “record”. However record value doesn’t support var_ref that breaks our normal OVAl content structure to work with XCCDF.

I wonder anyone in this group has been using record data type in OVAL content to work with XCCDF. If possible, please share the methods with small samples.

Thanks,

Michael

To unsubscribe, send an email message to [hidden email] with SIGNOFF OVAL-DISCUSSION-LIST in the BODY of the message. If you have difficulties, write to [hidden email].

Re: record datatype doesn't support var_ref

sprabhu
Hi Micheal,

Attached the sample where I am using "cmdlet_test" having
"record" datatype with "var_ref",
However I din't create the XCCDF content for this, I hope this serves your purpose.

Please suggest me if I am wrong.

--
Thanks !!
Prabhu S A

ext-variable.xml (1K) Download Attachment
sample-cmdlet-test-complete.xml (3K) Download Attachment

Re: record datatype doesn't support var_ref

Michael Tan-2

Hi Prabhu, appreciate your mail with samples; it helps. The real blocker is XCCDF can export only simple data type. I will send my XCCDF question to SCAP DL; this seems have to be addressed in XCCDF before SCAP can work with OVAL content have record type.

Thanks,

Michael

To unsubscribe, send an email message to [hidden email] with SIGNOFF OVAL-DISCUSSION-LIST in the BODY of the message. If you have difficulties, write to [hidden email].

Re: record datatype doesn't support var_ref

sprabhu
Alright, anyway I have also created the XCCDF content for the same, so please refer the attachments.

--
Thanks !!
Prabhu S A

secpod_xccdf_cmdlet_sample.xml (2K) Download Attachment

Re: record datatype doesn't support var_ref

Michael Tan-2

Prabhu, thanks for your sample, this is exactly how we create SCAP content today, however SCAP validation tool complaints below as error,

The use of var_ref is prohibited when the datatype is 'record'.

Thanks,

Michael