update for https://cwe.mitre.org/data/definitions/67.html

Kurt Seifried
https://cwe.mitre.org/data/definitions/67.html

can we update that entry to have all the names?

'nul', 'con', 'prn', 'aux', 'com1', 'com2', 'com3', 'com4',

'com5', 'com6', 'com7', 'com8', 'com9', 'lpt1', 'lpt2',

'lpt3', 'lpt4', 'lpt5', 'lpt6', 'lpt7', 'lpt8', 'lpt9'

--
Kurt Seifried

Re: update for https://cwe.mitre.org/data/definitions/67.html

Wheeler, David A

> https://cwe.mitre.org/data/definitions/67.html

can we update that entry to have all the names?

All of these should be included in the entry, but these aren’t “all” the names.  At most, these are all the statically-defined names (I haven’t checked to make sure it’s the complete list).  A driver can add more at run-time (!).  This can cause a load of headaches.

--- David A. Wheeler

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Wheeler, David A <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://cwe.mitre.org/data/definitions/67.html

can we update that entry to have all the names?

All of these should be included in the entry, but these aren’t “all” the names.  At most, these are all the statically-defined names (I haven’t checked to make sure it’s the complete list).  A driver can add more at run-time (!).  This can cause a load of headaches.

True, but those are the defaults and always present.

LPt1, etc.

--- David A. Wheeler

--
Kurt Seifried