welcome

Welcome all to the CPE discussion list.  Thank you very much for your
interest in CPE.  I think there are many in agreement that this has a
potential to be a huge help with our attempts at interoperability
throughout the security community.  I look forward to working with you
all regarding this challenge ... and yes this will be a challenge.  We
have by no means solved the problem 100%, but hopefully what we learn
by using the current specification and by listening to our community
experts will help us improve the spec and get us closer to that perfect
solution.

Over the next few weeks we will be getting community members signed up.
Probably near the end of the month I will get discussion going on a few
of the hot topics that we have today.

I hope everyone has had a chance to read the spec.  It is posted at
http://cpe.mitre.org.

Thank you again for your participation,
Drew

---------